Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's Fun to Stay at the...

YMCA! We just became members of the Y a few weeks ago. It is great because they have free child care. So instead of dreading working out I actually look forward to a little break away from Owen. I have not been able to go very much because of Owen's sickness but he is pretty much back to normal (that means crawling all over the place and laughing again). 

Every time I go I bring a bag in case I get the luxury of a shower. The problem is that when I go back to check on him after my work out he is always crying. Today when I dropped him off he seemed to be doing well. About thirty minutes into my walk I hear over the loud speaker, "Jodi please come to the childcare center". So much for a shower. The best part was the nursery worker has never had to call a parent (she has worked there over three years). I guess he just wants to set some new records. Separation anxiety here we come!!! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so do you ever look at him at those moments and ask, "who are you and what did you do with my son?" i remember when marissa went from sweet and easy to ornery and difficult for a period of time. i couldn't blame it all on sickness either. thankfully it was relatively short.

hope owen's is too :)

Charity said...

once i was happily working out, with '80s dance music blasting on my ipod, when a front desk worker actually walked into the cardio room holding a screaming malachi. but it is the best when they blare your name over the loudspeaker, so that EVERYONE working out now knows your kid is unmanageable. I guess Owen and Malachi are already starting to act like PK's. ;)

marissa finch said...

owen is getting so big!


whoa i just read my mother's comment...i was not difficult! (thats me being difficult)...all i did was bite people...c'mon...