Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's Official


We have known for a while now (and I am sure that many of you know) but we are pregnant!!! I thought that this is something I should blog about since it is a life changing event. I had my first appointment yesterday which consisted of talking to a nurse, peeing in a cup and getting blood drawn. We are still not sure of my due date but probably will not find out until I am 20 weeks when we get our first ultra sound. I am either due end of July or August. 

Life has been interesting here the last few weeks. Christmas was a whirlwind and consisted of my parents visiting us for 2 days, going to Columbus one full day and then hitting the road for Jay's parents for 5 days. I think it was a little to much for all of us. I started to get morning sickness (all day) when we were at the Bradshaw's house and it took Owen a good week a half to get back to normal. I think next year we will cut back a little bit. 

The last two days I have been feeling a bit better but my days still consist of waking up with nausea and going to sleep with nausea. At least with this pregnancy I have not been throwing up (although sometimes I want to). As long as my stomach has food in it I am okay. Our house on the other hand it not okay. Because of not feeling well and being extra tired I have been sleeping when Owen does so it has not had a lot of TLC the last few weeks. But I am sure by mid february our house will be the cleanest it has been in years. After 20 weeks and up until about 35 weeks I had crazy amounts of energy and was nesting like a mad woman - I hope that happens again.

Other than that not much has been going on here. We have not been going out a lot recently due to the weather. I must admit I hate winter after Christmas and always seem to be a little down in January, February and March. I am already looking forward to the spring. We will be keeping busy coming up soon with visits to Columbus and Owen and I are going to fly with my sister and her youngest daughter to see my parents in North Carolina (got to get in one more free flight with Owen before he is 2). 

Overall, we are doing well and very excited to be pregnant. Owen has no comprehension of the fact that there is going to be another child but when I say "where is mommy's baby?" he points to his belly. At least he somewhat gets what I am talking about. Poor guy has no idea what is coming and that all the attention he gets is going to start being divided. I am so thankful for the two and a half years I will have of just being able to get to know Owen before the next one comes. I will keep you updated!! 


16 comments:

~~anna~~ said...

Can't believe I am the first to post!!
Congratulations! Best Wishes and all that stuff!!!

Hope you get over the nausea soon.

Jodi Bradshaw said...

Anna - To answer your question on my last post - being pregnant is all that I have been up to. :) I wrote this a few days ago and the nausea has already gotten better (maybe I am used to it now). Hope all is going well in DR.

Janet Whipple said...

woo-hoo!!! congrats! :)

JanAl said...

Congratulations !
I was wondering if your were, because of something Jason said not to long ago, but I did not have enough nerve to ask. :}
Owen will adjust fine, just keep talking to him about the new baby, and let him 'help' when the baby comes.

Jodi Bradshaw said...

JanAl - You would be a good one to take advice
from :)

Laura said...

CONGRATS Jodi- how exciting! Ava was born the end of Aug. good month:) If you're ever in Colubmus please stop by and say hello!

Kati said...

Hey, Congrats!! I had heard a rumor, but wasn't going to believe it until I heard it from the horse's mouth, (or the horse's blog?)

It is hard to imagine going from one to two children. Somehow, we all get through it and adjust fairly well. God will give you the measure of grace you need at the time you need it.

JanAl said...

If I can be of any help, I would love to.
Owen already knows you love him, and now he will be blessed with a baby brother/sister to love.
Because my children are any where from one year to two and 1/2 years apart , I feel blessed that we never had to deal with any major jealousy issues, I always made sure their was room on my lap(at times, for 2-3, at the same time), and plenty of love for each one.
I am not a perfect mom, my kids know that , but they know that I love them, and they know that my desire is to glorify God through my love for them.

cats, horses and babies said...

Congrats!!

Rod and Sara said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for all three of you (soon to be four)!

Charity said...

Yay for August babies!! We're so happy for you and it will be fun to see Owen as a big brother. The morning (all day) sickness weeks are no fun - hopefully they'll be over soon . . .

Kyrston said...

I still remember how it was being sick and having another child to care for not to mention your husband and the house. the house will get taken care of eventually so try to concetrate on using the time you feel okay to be with owen and jason. i hope you get to feeling better at some point in time! congratulations!

Lauren Mott said...

Congratulations Jodi!! I wish I would have known on Saturday when I saw you!! However, at one point, I looked over at you and you had your hand on your stomach, and I WONDERED....but that's not the sort of thing I should ask someone!
It was really good to see you and Charity on Saturday...I really wish we could have chatted more, but it turned out that I only got to say about four full sentences to about 40% of the people there :)
I'm so happy for you and your family! Praise God:)

Margaret said...

We are so excited for you! God is good all the time! I think you will be surprised at how much Owen will love his little sibling. We never experienced jealousy among our kids when welcoming a new little one. Like Janal said, let him help as much as possible and when the baby is napping, pay attention to Owen. Praising God for His abundant blessings.

sooprgrll said...

Jodsmo--how wonderful!! Congats to you three (4!)!

Anonymous said...

man, i'm slow - how'd i miss this post for so long??? even though i already congratulated you, i will do it again publicly :) woo hoo! you finally got to have sex a second time! ;P

and if you want to get a small taste of what it will be like with TWO small children in the house, you can borrow our little dog for a week or so :)