Sunday, February 15, 2009

Baby Baby Can't You Hear My Heartbeat?

On friday we got to hear our baby's heart beat for the first time. How amazing! Reality tends to sink in at this point that yes there is something growing inside of me and I am not just getting large for no reason. It also somehow makes sickness a little easier when you realize there is a little guy/girl growing inside of you and it will all be worth it.

Our due date as of now is August 24. When the doctor examined me he said that he thinks I am a little further along (like a few weeks). With Owen they pushed my due date back a month so this is very welcome news. I am going to have a ultra sound on friday to help determine our new date (if it will be changed at all). I am so excited that we will have 3 ultra sounds instead of just one this time! YEAH!!!! 

9 comments:

marissa finch said...

herman's hermits....nice

Jodi Bradshaw said...

What can I say? You post N'Snyc titles and I go for the oldies. I cannot believe you knew that song! Good for you Marissa!

Charity said...

If your due date stays the same, and the baby is born on his/her due date, he/she will share a birthday with Rachel! So, basically . . . the odds are pretty slim.

Anonymous said...

marissa is a closet oldies lover.

watching you hurry to eat your mcdonalds breakfast in the nursery yesterday brought back not-so-fond memories of me trying to never let my stomach get empty so i didn't have to feel nauseous. the doctors were always so concerned that i gained so much weight so early in my pregnancy!

hope this one is normal, healthy and uneventful for you :)

btw - my word verification is "chann". i think it's God's way of telling you what to name the baby....

lyndie said...

yahoo for bradshaw baby 2. maybe he/she will share a birthday with YOSI, if it decides to show up a lil early. nothin' bad about that, eh? ;)

Margaret said...

orrrrr...a birthday with Jerald (Aug. 26) :)

Laura said...

Ava was born on the 24th good date:) Although I know the likelihood of your little one coming on that exact date is slim to none- congrats again!

~~anna~~ said...

Since that Herman's Hermits album was released in 1965 ~when I was in 7th grade~ I'm wondering how either one of you knew it??? :)
Something special about that first time you hear your baby's heartbeat.
Are you feeling better?

my word verification is weabstro. Combine that with dee's..."Chann Weabstro" has a very unique sound...there will never be two in any of his/her classes! :^) What do you think, Jody?

sooprgrll said...

yay jods!! what fun with baby number two to add to your brood:)