Friday, March 20, 2009

Quick Update

Thought I would take a minute and write what we have been up to the last few weeks. I have been continually feeling better and our house is getting back to somewhat of an order. Since the warm spell we have not been spending much time inside. Everyday (that is above 50) Owen and I have been walking and/or going to the park. I am always amazed at the hope that spring brings. For some reason this is the hardest winter for me that I can remember. Even though we have spent much time playing outside Owen never seems to be able to get enough. The other evening we ate dinner outside, went to the park, played in the yard and went to get ice cream and Owen still did not want to come in (after 3 and a half hours). He just loves to be out there and I do not blame him after being cooped up in our house all winter.

In other news Owen is starting to say A LOT of a new words. It is funny how many times you repeat things and then all of a sudden they click in their minds. He is starting to show ownership by saying "daddy's car" or "mommy's coat". It is amazing to watch him learn. You can just see the little wheels in his head turning. He is also a big fan of the songs "Lord's Army" and "Head and Shoulders Knees and Toes" (with hand motions). To cute! 

Owen's birthday is just a few weeks away. I cannot believe that he is almost 2!!!! We are having a party for him in about a week (just a little early so that my mom could come). The party theme is Elmo (of course!) and he loves hearing about his upcoming party and going through the bag with all the decorations. We are finding out the day after his birthday the sex of the baby. I wish that I could wait until the birth but I like to have the nursery all ready and if is a girl we need to make it a tad more girly. We are so excited to find out but really I do not care either way (we already got our boy). 

Jay is staying busy at work and keeping up with being a wonderful father. Nothing brightens Owen's day like hearing the garage door open and knowing his daddy is home. I am so blessed and some times do not think life could get much better! 

I will post some pics of our time in South Carolina as soon as I down load them. Have a wonderful first day of spring (thanks for the reminder Dee)!!!!

4 comments:

Janet Whipple said...

Yay for an update!!! I love spring too...it's so nice to be outside again :) Hope you have a great weekend!

Margaret said...

so thankful life is going better for you! spring most definitely makes the spirit lighter.

Owen is just the cutest thing ever. Wish we lived closer so we could keep him sometimes.

Anonymous said...

i love that you love your life, your family, your home. i've noticed that every message of contentment i read from one of my sisters in Christ is an amazing encouragement to my heart that day. what would i do without all of you???

~~anna~~ said...

So happy that you are feeling better and have your energy back.
When is your new little one due?