Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Adopted

This last week in our Life group we had a great discussion about how we are chosen by God. I love Ephesians 1:4-5 which states, "For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will." When I look at this verses I cannot help but think of two wonderful couples I know who are in the process of adoption. What an awesome reminder of what Christ has done for us!

I am in awe that Christ chose me before the creation of the world to be His child. I am going to leave you with one of my favorite quotes of all time by Charles Spurgeon:

I believe in the doctrine of election, because I am certain that, if God had not chosen me, I should never have chosen Him; and I am sure he chose me before I was born, or else he never would have chosen me afterwards; and he must have elected me for reasons unknown to me, for I could never find any reason in myself why He should have looked upon me with special love.

3 comments:

Becky Slagle said...

AWESOME! Thanks for sharing Jodi; that's so encouraging!

~~anna~~ said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

i add a hearty AMEN