Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Long Time No Blog



Hey! It has been a while since I have taken the time to post. There are many reasons for this which is why I am going to just do a brief overview of the last month.

- We had a wonderful Christmas at the Bradshaw's house. We left right after Christmas Eve service and got into North Canton around 12:30 am. Owen got to meet his Uncle Chris and Aunt Angie for the very first time. He got a lot of attention (being the only grandchild) and a TON of Christmas presents. I think we are going to have to be in the market soon for another house because of all the stuff he has. It is amazing that someone who is so small can take up so much space. The week was spent hanging out with family and doing lots of shopping (I always have a list with me of things we need when we are there).

- The first weekend in January we headed to Springfield to celebrate with my side of the family. It is a little overwhelming with all the kids in one house but such a blast! Owen enjoys just watching his older cousins play together. I know I am biased but I have got the cutest nieces and nephew ever. I enjoyed going to see one of my dad's basketball games on friday night and then on saturday we all hung out at home. I always look forward to spending time with the Slagles.

-Two days later we headed back to Cedarville for Jason to play guitar at Mission's Conference for three days. He got to play with some good friends and it was so nice to see people that we rarely get to see. However, it is depressing going back to a place you spent multiple years of your life at and not knowing anyone. It always makes me feel old when we go back now.

-Owen continues to become more and more mobile. I cannot get anything done with fear that he is chewing on electrical cords or pulling our speakers down on him. I put the pack and play up in our living room so that if I need to make a mad dash into the kitchen I don't have to worry about him getting hurt. He loves to make a lot of faces now and has found multiple uses for toys (check out the pics). The other day he gave me a kiss right on the lips. It was a very slobbery but he opened his mouth and landed one right on me! I think I melted on the spot! The older he gets the more fun he gets. He seems to be a little more work now but it is totally worth it!

7 comments:

sooprgrll said...

I love his "blanket robe"--he seems like such a happy boy! Happy New Year Bradshaw family!!

~~anna~~ said...

I LOVE reading your blog, Jodi! Your joy at being a mom is so evident!
Isn't it funny how we can hardly wait for them to crawl and walk, and then when they do and get into everything; we realize how much esier it was when they just "coo'd" and smiled and couldn't get around! :)
Keep on enjoying...c'mon over and read my blog when you have time!

~~anna~~ said...

by the way, that would be
http://chinychon.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

all i can say is that owen is a doll! i love seeing the pictures :)

Becky Slagle said...

Love the pictures! Owen you are definitely the cutest and my favorite nephew!! :) We love you!

Ben said...

Yay for a new blog!! Owen looks so much bigger and older in your new pics. Hope your having a great week!
Janet

Charity said...

i know what you mean about going back to your alma mater and feeling old! what's really weird is that kids i used to babysit are now graduating from college.

the pix of owen are adorable. i am cracking up at his "deer-in-the-headlights" face in the picture with all the presents.