Saturday, May 3, 2008

Wheee!!!!

Once again, it has been over a  month since my last blog. I promise I will try to post more often. Blogging to me is kind of like scrap booking (I know I should do it but I just do not really enjoy it all that much). Here are some highlights for the month of April:

* We celebrated Owen's birthday with both sides of the family. Of course he loved being able to have access to whole cupcakes at two different times. He got a little more daring at the Bradshaw's home and decided to to not only put it in his mouth but all over his face and hair. 

* We were told when we were at my parent's house that they are moving to North Carolina (I would not call this a "highlight" for the month but just a sad event). My dad's new job will be starting Mid July. This is a real bummer for me because I did not grow up anywhere near any extended family so I feel that I do not really know them that well. I think my biggest fear is Owen not being able to spend much time with them.  Guess we will just have to be making some trips down south (especially in the winter - I hate Ohio weather). 

* Owen got to go on a swing and a slide for the first time ever in April. It was so funny! He could not stop laughing his first time on the swing (now it is not nearly as exciting). If it is nice outside we have been going on at least one walk a day and try to  make it to the park. Neither of us like to stay inside very long. I think we still have cabin fever from the winter. I hope he enjoys the pool this summer. 

* Owen has grown in a lot of different ways over the last three weeks. Just yesterday he started making animal noises for the first time. He is also learning some sign language (and starting to use it at the right time). Other than Ma Ma and Da Da he has also picked up the word "nana" (for his favorite food - banana). 

*He also has started to become more verbal by letting me know when he does NOT like something. Screaming and crying have become much more frequent in our household. If I take something away that he is not supposed to play with I cannot just put it behind a pillow anymore (he knows it is there). He also HATES when I take him out of the swing. He is continually testing the limits on what he is allowed to do. Before when I would say "no" he would look at it and then walk away. Now he looks at me and touches it at the same time!!! Ahhh! Little stinker!! The sinful nature is coming out in him already! 

* Owen is much more cuddly now. He takes time away from playing just to come over and give me hugs and kisses (I can always get him to come to me if I "fake sleep" on the floor near him)! I LOVE IT! I guess that makes up for the times he won't go down for a nap or is throwing a temper tantrum. Speaking of naps he is now down to one a day (at least for now). 

* Jay and I are both doing well. It seems like every stage of Owen's life is a new adjustment. With him walking now and in to everything we pretty much have to keep our eyes on him at all times. We enjoy taking turns watching him so the other one can go to coffee, read or take a nap. We had a great date night a few weeks ago and are looking forward to another soon (Prince Caspian comes out mid May - Wohoo). I so look forward to spending one on one time with Jason and it is always so refreshing to get out of the house.  I am so thankful for an amazing husband!!! 



7 comments:

~~anna~~ said...

So pleasant to read your update. Sorry to hear about your folks move. Long-distance grandparenting is NOT fun. It's killing me that everyone else gets to interact with Yosi and I have to wait til July 24th!
Hye, have you thought of mounting a swing in your living room. Owen would be content, and you wouldn't have to worry about what he was getting in to! ha!

lyndie said...

if he's a stinker, at least he's a cute one!
are you sure you want TWO of a kind on your hands?- cause I'm pretty sure Yosi is headed in that direction.

Anonymous said...

even though it was a small segment of your post, i love hearing you speak highly of your husband. in fact, i love it any time one of our pastors publicly praises or compliments his wife and vice-versa.

and not to discourage you, but this is only the beginning of an 18-year long journey toward independence (in both behavior and thought) for owen. hang on!

sooprgrll said...

wow! it sounds like an eventful time for all of you guys! it sounds like everyone is doing well. that's no fun about the move but now it gives you guys an excuse to get out of ohio every so often:)

Jodi Bradshaw said...

Anna - You being a "long distance grandparent" is a little different than my parents. I can hop in the car and go and see them - not so much for you. Yosi is a cutie - you have a lot to look forward to in July. Hope the time goes somewhat quickly :(

Lyndie - Bring it on!! Maybe the two will entertain each other so much they will just be little angels - I wish!!!

~~anna~~ said...

I want the time before July 24 to go quickly, and then once we get there I want it to s-l-o-o-o-w way down!
Jody, if you get any pics of Yosi I would be a very happy recipient!
Lyndie or ~d have my email addy, (different then the bobana....)
Hope you have a delightful day!

Charity said...

Is that an "ice cream cone" cupcake in the last picture? We used to have those for our birthdays when we were little! Ooo, now I want one - I'm going to make some "for the kids" as soon as I get a chance.

Ohio weather is kind of a bummer in the winter, but I'm just glad we don't live in South Dakota (or North Dakota - whichever one got all the snow a few days ago!)