Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Our sticky boy after downing LOTS of watermelon.

Owen loved the lake water.

He is his father's son. Owen just relaxing and playing with Jay's ipod.

Bath time in our condos huge tub.

I am always ready to head home when vacations are coming to an end. Don't get me wrong, I love them but I also enjoy being on a schedule and knowing what my day holds. Owen decided to start every day nice and early at 5:30 am (we were on central time) but we also had a lot of free time in the evenings because he would go down about 6:30 pm. Mostly are days consisted of a morning walk, a nap time (all of us), going to the pool or lake and dinners with the whole family. It was very relaxing and yet completely different than any vacation we have ever had (Owen was only 2 months old on our last one). Lets just say that we did not lay out and read the whole time (which we used to do). I don't think we will have another get away like that for a LONG time but that is okay with me. I am so thankful for our time away!

6 comments:

Kati said...

As children get older (and stop napping), you may realize that vacations aren't vacations anymore--they're just normal life in a different location! That's what we've realized anyways. Which is why Matt and I are going away BY OURSELVES in a couple weeks! WooHoo!!!

The pictures are awesome! Sounds like this trip will make some really sweet memories for your family.

~~anna~~ said...

I always love vacations, but about 2/3rds of the way thru, I suddently start coming up with these *wonderful* things I could get done at home. Must be getting away that clears the brain, and allows creative ideas to enter!
Glad you were able to have this vacation!

Anonymous said...

great pictures! and yes, vacations do get easier when the kids get older. they also get more expensive though :(

Jessi said...

I'm glad you all had fun! the last vacation we took Noah was only 6 mo. old and I said that was enough! So much work when they are little...I'm not good with packing and relaxing...it seems like so much HARD work. Maybe I just need to step it up, but I like the idea of waiting until they are older! Love the pics!

Charity said...

LOL - I love Owen's expressions!! We were on central time, too; so I'm hoping now that we're home that means the kiddos will sleep in a little. I agree - vacations are a LOT of work with little ones, but well worth it. It is nice to get away every once in a while, and very very nice to come back home (not so nice to do all the laundry!) Can't wait to see you and catch up!

cats, horses and babies said...

I like vacations, but I always feel like I have to take a vacation when i get back.
Heather T.