Monday, November 5, 2007

Alone Time

This is my first blog post ever (obviously). Just a few disclaimers before I actually get started....
1. I was not an english major. My Bible profs could care less if we spelled correctly or used the right punctuation. I have not had grammer since 8th grade and you will be able to tell. :)
2. I do not claim to be a writer. This is the one reason that I have not started a blog yet. I just write what I think.
Now that is all over with!

Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom (that is probably what the majority of the posts will be on) but I LOVE ALONE TIME!! Jay and I figured out early on in marriage that we both needed time alone every week. Now with Owen alone time looks much different.

I am so thankful that we have a sleeper! Owen goes to bed between 7:30 - 8:00 pm and gets up at 7:00 to eat and then goes back to sleep until 9:00. When I actually have the energy I stay up and I get my alone time. My day goes so much better when I have this hour by myself. I love sipping coffee and doing devotions or checking blogs! I know that you who have numerous kids are laughing now because this will not last but for now it is my time.

This blog is going to be made mainly for friends and family who are out of town so that they can see pictures of Owen growing up (have not yet figured out how to get pics up). It is probably going to be more of a photo journal and every once in a while thoughts on what I am reading or what God is doing in my life. Stay tuned for more!! I have about 45 minutes more of alone time so I am out!

6 comments:

Jaime Boyd said...

Yeah! Now we can keep up on one another a little bit more. I put your blog on my RSS feed. So everytime you write I'll see it come through. Iwould love to see more pix of Owen! Jared just sat down w/ me last night to show me how to put in the pix and some other stuff. I hadn't a clue. Does Jason have a Blog??

Becky Slagle said...

hurray! I'm so glad you've got a blog now. I've been checking it almost every night for the last 2 months. :) so happy!

sooprgrll said...

Jodsmo--how fantastic, I can't wait to see more pics of Owen and hear about your life these days!

Charity said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! That was a great pic of Owen in your email last week with the "Jonathan Edwards is my homeboy" onesie - he is one stylin' dude.

Hey, does this mean you have to comment on my blog now?? ;)

lyndie said...

welcome to blog-land! looking forward to seeing your thoughts and pics. :)

Jodi Bradshaw said...

Charity - I will think about it :) I do look at your blog everyday and now I will just have to think of things to say.

Jaime - Jason used to have a blog but stopped writing on it. He said he got bored with it. He basically likes to spend his internet time with fantasy football. :(