Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Simple Things

Today was a good day. This morning I had two friends over for coffee and breakfast. Isabel and Rachel each have a daughter who is close to Owen's age. I am so thankful to have friends in the same life place as me. I brewed coffee on my new french press. My sister, Jaime, introduced me to french press coffee a while ago but we had it again over thanksgiving. The coffee is so much richer and bolder - I love it! This morning I bounced out of bed when I remembered I had bought the press (and the fact that I still had some cleaning to do).

This afternoon we went to Walmart to get some things that we have been needing. Owen enjoyed his time riding around in the cart. He can now sit in the front of the cart so he likes when we go grocery shopping. We then both took an afternoon nap. :)

This evening Owen woke up around 5:00 and then we played with his favorite toy, a laundry basket, for about an hour. Nothing makes him happier than than when I push him around in the basket. He now also loves pulling himself up and hanging on to the sides. I think that he is going to enjoy the box his Christmas present comes in more than the toy! Why do I even spend the money?

Today was just a regular day spent with my little guy but for some reason it was just one of those great days. I love when I can just sit back and enjoy the simple things in life.

No comments: