Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Occupation: Stay at Home Mom


Yesterday I was at the chiropractor and I was filling out all the papers. One question asked what your occupation was (this was the first time I was asked this since I had Owen). It was kind of fun for me to put stay at home mom since this has always been what I wanted to do.

When the chiropractor was working on my back she said, "So I see you have a bachelors. And you are a stay at home mom?"
I was not really sure how to take the comment. She did not say it in a rude way but just a sincere way of asking.

Some days I wonder what am I really doing? I sit and play on the floor and make funny noises half the day, clean dirty buns, sing silly songs, wash lots more clothes (with lots of spit up stains) and have a baby latched on to my breasts for three hours a day. BUT I also get to be there for all of Owen's firsts. I get to be there when he wakes up from naps and cannot stop smiling. I get to lay on the floor and tickle him until he gets the hiccups because he is laughing so hard. I have a constant companion to talk to all day (now I do not feel so insane for talking to myself). The most important thing though is that, Lord willing, I am helping raise the next generation of Christians. I get to daily disciple my son. What I am praying is that Owen will be a man who honors God with his life. How amazing it is to think that God has given me one of the most important jobs in the world. I can proudly say that I am a stay at home mom!

5 comments:

Becky Slagle said...

What are you going to the chiropractor for?

Jodi Bradshaw said...

I have been having a sharp pain in my back. It comes and goes and just thought I should get it checked out. She said my pelvis is off by an inch and a half on one side. Whatever that means! I think she just wants to make more money off of me :)

sooprgrll said...

True words lady, you do have an important job! I love this picture, so cute...

Ben said...

Yay for writing on your blog :) I've been waiting....
cute picture :) (this is Janet by the way, not Ben!)

Anonymous said...

i had no idea you were thinking of starting blog, but i'm glad you did. i never get to talk with you anymore!

love the mother/son picture!